ZAR® Interior Oil Base Stain
ZAR® Interior Oil Base Stain wipes on as easily as furniture polish to stain and seal in one quick, easy application. Formulated with “controlled penetration” for uniform color without unsightly streaks or lap marks, it can be used on previously painted or varnished surfaces — without stripping — to achieve a gorgeous effect. ZAR® Stain can be used for decorative faux finishing and color toning on non-porous, non-wood surfaces. Mix any two colors in a 50/50 blend to create a unique hue or tint ZAR® Color Matcher to coordinate with your most treasured belongings.
Clean Up: Mineral Spirits
Coverage: 3,200 square feet per gallon
Dry Time: 3 hours
- Oil Base
- Deep rich color in fewer coats
- Application with lint-free cloth, foam applicator, natural bristle brush
- Use for traditional staining, cerusing, graining, and glazing
- Superior adhesion and uniform color on wood and nonporous embossed door systems such as fiberglass and Masonite®, and MDF, metal, rubber, and other non-wood building materials
- A thicker formula rich in pigment makes for easy vertical surfaces applications
- CSI Masterformat® 09 93 23 Interior Stains and Finishes
- Faux wood
Q: Why can’t I add certain products or product variants to my cart?
A: Not all variants (sizes, colors, finishes, etc.) of products are available for purchase on ZAR.com. If a price and “Add to Cart” button appear, it can be purchase directly through our website. If a product is not available online, click or tap “Where to Buy” to search for dealers in your area that carry the product.
Q: Can ZAR Stain or ZAR Polyurethane be applied over a lacquer or shellac?
A: No, a lacquer or shellac must be fully removed.
Q: How can I find older, retired ZAR stain colors no longer produced?
A: The participating ZAR retailer can tint from our ZAR 145 Color Matcher Tint Base. For more information on retailers, please head to our website or give us a call.
Q: Can ZAR Interior Wood Stain be used on exterior surfaces?
A: Yes, it can be used on exterior vertical surfaces, and it must be top coated with our ZAR Exterior Polyurethanes for protection.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
California Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1 – 800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.