(NEW) ZAR® Platinum PRO Clear Coat
ZAR® Platinum Pro Clear Coat is a specially formulated Aliphatic Urethane designed to offer superior protection and maintain color integrity for log & timber structured homes in routine maintenance applications. Provides excellent resistance to extreme weather. Generates a strong adhesive bond to timbers finished with ZAR® Platinum Pro Translucent Urethane Finish to bring the look back to life. It may also be used as a sealing coat on media blasted timber before reapplying ZAR® Platinum Pro Translucent Urethane Finish to help achieve a uniform color application with outstanding performance. Can be used on primed or unprimed, interior or exterior wood surfaces.
Coats: 1 – 2 as needed
Clean Up: Soap and water
Coverage: Rough surfaces 300 – 400 square feet per gallon.
Smooth surfaces 400 – 500 square feet per gallon.
Dry Time: 30 minutes, Full cure: 48 – 72 hours
- Log and Timber Approved
- Fortified aliphatic urethane for durability
- Application by synthetic brush, roller, sprayer
- Mold, mildew, and algae resistant on the dry paint film
- Contains UV inhibitors for long-lasting sun protection
- Faux wood
- Engineered wood/composites
- Fiber cement
Check the condition of the existing finish and/or bare wood surface. Replace boards in bad condition. If desired, before applying ZAR® Platinum Pro Clear Coat, correct fading or wear on the surface by applying ZAR® Platinum Pro Translucent Urethane Finish or by touching up the existing finish. Any dirt, debris, mold, or mildew must be removed from the surface. If more than 1 week has passed since an existing stain/finish was applied, clean the surface to remove any accumulation of dirt and/or debris. Steel wool is not recommended as a cleaning tool as it could cause rust spots to appear under the clear coat. Ensure the surface is dry before applying ZAR® Platinum Pro Clear Coat.
APPLICATION: Apply only when air and surface temperatures are between 40°F (4.4°C) and 95°F (35°C). Stir thoroughly before and during application. ZAR® Platinum Pro Clear Coat can be applied over ZAR® Platinum Pro Translucent Urethane Finish or on bare wood. Allow 1 hour between the application of ZAR® Platinum Pro Translucent Urethane Finish and the application of ZAR® Platinum Pro Clear Coat, depending on temperature and environmental conditions. Can be brushed, rolled, or sprayed. If sprayed, back brush to avoid drips and runs. Test on a small area before proceeding to larger areas of use. Do not over apply. Multiple thin coats are preferred over a single heavy coat. If a second coat of clear is desired, wait a minimum of 30 minutes before re-application.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
California Residents: Prop 65 WARNING(S)
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1 – 800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.