ZAR® Interior Water Base Poly Crystal Clear combines the beauty and durability of an oil-based polyurethane with the environmental benefits of a water-based clear finish. The fast-drying, low-odor formula resists most household chemicals and abrasions. The product’s full-bodied formula brushes on like conventional polyurethane for maximum durability and beauty. ZAR® Interior Water Base Poly Crystal Clear meets all environmental standards for low emission of solvent vapors.
- A durable floor finish
- Full body, high film build formula
- Non-yellowing, dries crystal clear
- Interior, horizontal or vertical surfaces
- Perfect for light-colored stains
- Complies with all current VOC requirements
- Finishes: Semi-Gloss, Gloss, Satin, Matte
- Sizes: pint, quart, gallon
- Coverage: 400-500 square feet per gallon
- Application tools: synthetic fiber or foam brush, pad, spray
- Dry time: 30 minutes to touch
- Coats: 2-3 (minimum 3 on floors)
- Recoat time: 2 hours
Proof of Performance: ASTM Testing
- ASTM D 16 – Standard Terminology for Paint, Related Coatings, Materials and Applications.
Sand smooth using fine sandpaper, and then vacuum any sanding dust.* Wipe using a tack cloth to remove any remnants of dust prior to application. Do not use steel wool. If open-grained woods are to be filled, use a filler that does not contain stearates or waxes, such as ZAR® Patch Wood Filler or ZAR® Trowelable Wood Patch.
Old Finishes in Good Condition
Remove grease, dirt, and wax.* Sand lightly in the direction of the grain to remove any gloss. Do not use steel wool. Vacuum any sanding dust. Wipe using a tack cloth to remove any remnants of dust prior to application. If the old finish contains wax or stearates, regardless of condition, remove it completely. To ensure compatibility, test ZAR® Interior Water Base Poly Crystal Clear in an inconspicuous area.
Old Finishes in Poor Condition, Lacquer or Shellac
Remove completely.* Do not use steel wool. Sand and vacuum any sanding dust. Wipe using a tack cloth to remove any remnants of dust prior to application.
Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 60°F and 90°F and the relative humidity is less than 60%. Stirring is not required for ZAR® Interior Water Base Poly Crystal Clear in Gloss finish. For Satin, Semi-Gloss and Matte, stir thoroughly before and during application. Do not shake! Use a clean synthetic fiber or foam brush, synthetic applicator, or pad applicator. Do not apply with a roller! To ensure satisfactory results, always test ZAR® Interior Water Base Poly Crystal Clear in an inconspicuous area before starting the job. Apply thin coats at a rate of 400-500 square feet per gallon in the direction of the grain. Too thick a coat may appear milky when dry. Do not over brush or trap air bubbles in the finish.
Prepare surface as described under preparation. If floor is to be stained, follow the manufacturer’s directions. Areas with poor ventilation, such as closed rooms, corners and hallways, may take longer to dry. Apply ZAR® Interior Water Base Poly Crystal Clear using a brush, synthetic applicator, or pad. A minimum of 3 coats is required. Allow floors to dry for 24 hours before subjecting them to light foot traffic. Let them dry for 3 to 5 days before allowing moderate (normal) traffic or placing furniture. One week is required before maximum hardness is achieved. Do not cover floors with rugs before a week has elapsed. If floor should become marred or scratched, sand lightly using fine sandpaper, vacuum any sanding dust, wipe with a cloth dampened with water, and apply another coat.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.