ZAR® Quick Dry Sanding Sealer is terrific as a first and/or second coat under oil-based polyurethane topcoats, ZAR® ULTRA Polyurethane Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Satin or Antique Flat, and ZAR® ULTRA Max Polyurethane Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Satin or Antique Flat.
- Finishes: Semi-Gloss, Satin
- Sizes: quart, gallon, 5 gallon
- Coverage: 500-600 square feet per gallon
- Application tools: brush, lambswool applicator, pad, spray
- Dry time: 1 hour
- Coats: 2
- Recoat time: 1 hour
- Simulated wood
Sand smooth using fine sandpaper and vacuum any sanding dust.* Wipe it clean with a tack cloth or a cloth dampened with paint thinner or mineral spirits, and allow it to dry. If open-grained woods are to be filled, use a filler that does not contain stearates or waxes, such as ZAR® Wood Patch or ZAR® Trowelable Wood Patch.
Old Finishes in Good Condition
Remove all dirt, oil, wax, polish, and grease with turpentine or a suitable solvent. Sand lightly in the direction of the grain to remove gloss.* Wipe it clean with a tack cloth or a cloth dampened with paint thinner or mineral spirits, and allow it to dry.
Old Finishes in Poor Condition, Lacquer or Shellac
Remove completely.* Clean sanding dust with a tack cloth or a cloth dampened with mineral spirits to remove any remnants of dust prior to application and allow it to dry. If the old finish contains wax or stearates, regardless of condition, remove it completely. Sand and remove sanding dust. Test ZAR® Quick Dry Polyurethane Sanding Sealer in an inconspicuous area for compatibility.
Stir thoroughly before and during application. Do not shake! Apply straight from the can. Do not thin. May be applied by brush, pads, lambswool applicator, or by spray. Flow ZAR® Quick Dry Polyurethane Sanding Sealer on in the direction of the grain. Sand lightly between coats. Remove all sanding dust with a vacuum or tack cloth. If more than 24 hours elapses between coats, sand thoroughly and clean. Allow the first coat to dry up to 1 hour. Temperature, humidity and film thickness may affect drying time. If while sanding, sandpaper gums or the surface feels tacky, extend drying times.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.