Environmentally safe, ZAR® Interior Oil Modified Urethane Poly OMU is Exotic Hardwood Approved and ideal for use on Teak, Brazilian Walnut, and other similar wood species. Natural ambering enhances wood tones.
- Superior abrasion resistance
- Child-safe when dry
- Complies with all current VOC requirements
- Finishes: Semi-Gloss, Gloss, Satin, Matte
- Sizes: quart, gallon
- Coverage: 400-500 square feet per gal.
- Application tools: synthetic fiber or foam brush, pad, T-bar, spray
- Dry time: 30 minutes to touch
- Recoat: 2 hours
- Coats: 2-3 (minimum 3 coats on floors)
Proof of Performance: ASTM Testing
- ASTM D 16 – Standard Terminology for Paint, Related Coatings, Materials and Applications.
New wood: Sand smooth using fine sandpaper and vacuum any sanding dust.* Wipe clean using a tack cloth or microfiber cloth. Do not use steel wool. If open-grained woods are to be filled, use a filler that does not contain stearates or waxes, such as ZAR® Wood Patch.
Old finishes in good condition: Remove grease, dirt, and wax. Sand lightly in the direction of the grain to remove any gloss.* Do not use steel wool. Vacuum all sanding dust. Wipe clean using a tack cloth or microfiber cloth. If the old finish contains wax or stearates, regardless of condition, remove it completely. Clean dust with a cloth dampened with paint thinner or mineral spirits.
Old finishes in poor condition, lacquer or shellac: Remove completely.* Do not use steel wool. Sand and vacuum all sanding dust. Wipe clean using a tack cloth or a microfiber cloth. If wood is to be stained, use ZAR® Interior Oil Base Stain. Allow the wood stain to dry for a minimum of 3 hours. For water-based wood stains or oil-based wood stains other than ZAR®, follow manufacturer’s drying directions.
Apply when air and surface temperatures are above 50°F and the relative humidity is less than 60%. Stir all sheens except Gloss thoroughly before and during application. Do not shake. Apply straight from the can. Do not thin. Use a clean synthetic fiber brush or use a foam pad. Do not apply with a roller. Apply thin coats at a rate of 400-500 square feet per gallon in the direction of the grain. Too thick a coat may appear milky when dry. Do not over brush or trap air bubbles in the finish as this may result in streaks. Make the final pass of the applicator a skimming stroke across the entire surface.
Floor Application: If the floor is to be stained prior to applying ZAR® Interior Oil Modified Urethane Poly OMU, let the stain dry according to the manufacturer’s drying directions. Areas with poor ventilation such as closed rooms, corners and hallways may take longer to dry. Prepare surface as above. Use a lightweight T-bar with a synthetic applicator or use a foam pad and spread the finish towards the opposite wall following the wood grain. Hold the applicator using a snowplow technique to maintain a wet edge. When approaching the end of a run, turn the applicator towards you and spread out excess material parallel to the wet edge. Feather out all turns. For maximum protection, apply 3 coats of ZAR® Interior Oil Modified Urethane Poly OMU. Allow floors to dry for 24 hours before subjecting to light foot traffic.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.