After applying ZAR® Interior Oil Base Tung Oil Wipe-On, regular cleaning with a soft, damp cloth will renew its luster day after day.
- Fortified with polyurethane
- Easy, wipe-on protective finish
- Finishes: Semi-Gloss, Satin
- Sizes: quart
- Coverage: 800 square feet per qt.
- Application tools: clean lint-free cloth
- Coats: 1
Sand smooth using fine sandpaper and vacuum any sanding dust.* Wipe it clean with a tack cloth or a cloth dampened with paint thinner or mineral spirits and allow it to dry. If open-grained woods are to be filled, use a filler that does not contain stearates or waxes, such as ZAR® Wood Patch or ZAR® Trowelable Wood Patch.
Old Finishes in Good Condition
Remove all dirt, oil, wax, polish, and grease with turpentine or a suitable solvent. Sand lightly in the direction of the grain to remove gloss.* Wipe it clean with a tack rag or a cloth dampened with paint thinner or mineral spirits, and allow it to dry.
Old Finishes in Poor Condition, Lacquer or Shellac
Remove completely.* Clean sanding dust with a tack cloth or cloth dampened with mineral spirits to remove any remnants of dust prior to application and allow it to dry. If the old finish contains wax or stearates, regardless of condition, remove it completely. Sand and any remove sanding dust. Test ZAR® Interior Oil Base Tung Oil Wipe-On in an inconspicuous area for compatibility.
Apply when air and surface temperatures are above 50°F. Stir before and during application. Do not shake. Do not thin. Apply straight from the can. Apply using a clean, lint-free cloth (an old tee shirt works well). Do not use a roller. Wipe on a liberal amount in the direction of the grain. Do not allow to puddle. Allow it to dry 6-8 hours depending on temperature, humidity and film thickness. If, while sanding, sandpaper gums or the surface feels tacky, extend the drying time.
Optional: if additional coats are desired, buff the previous coat with #0000 steel wool. Wipe dust thoroughly with a tack cloth or cloth dampened with mineral spirits.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.