Featuring a self-leveling formula, ZAR® Interior Oil Base Poly High Solids contains a large quantity of solids to deliver maximum film build.
- Included in MPI Category #56
- Rich amber finish
- No sanding sealer required
- Complies with all current VOC requirements
- Dries in 2 hours
- Finishes: Gloss, Semi-Gloss, Satin
- Sizes: quart, gallon
- Coverage: 400-500 square feet per gallon
- Application tools: brush, lambswool applicator, sprayer, pad applicator
- Dry time: 2 hours to touch
- Coats: 2
- Recoat time: 4 hours
- Faux wood
Sand surface smooth using fine sandpaper and vacuum sanding dust.* Wipe it clean with a tack cloth or a cloth dampened with paint thinner or mineral spirits, and allow it to dry. If open-grained woods are to be filled, use a filler that does not contain stearates or waxes, such as ZAR® Wood Patch or ZAR® Trowelable Wood Patch.
Old Finishes in Good Condition
Remove all dirt, oil, wax, polish, and grease with turpentine or a suitable solvent. Sand lightly in the direction of the grain to remove gloss.* Wipe it clean with a tack cloth or a cloth dampened with paint thinner or mineral spirits, and allow it to dry.
Old Finishes in Poor Condition, Lacquer or Shellac
Remove completely.* Clean sanding dust with a tack cloth or a cloth dampened with mineral spirits to remove any remnants of dust prior to application and allow to dry. If the old finish contains wax or stearates, regardless of condition, remove it completely. Sand and remove sanding dust. Test ZAR® Interior Oil Base Poly High Solids in an inconspicuous area to confirm compatibility.
Apply when air and surface temperatures are between 65°F and 85°F and the relative humidity is less than 60%. Stirring is not required for ZAR® Interior Oil Base Poly High Solids in Gloss. For Satin and Semi-Gloss, stir thoroughly before and during application. Do not shake. Apply straight from the can. Do not thin. May be applied with a lambswool applicator, brush, or synthetic pad. Apply ZAR® Interior Oil Base Poly High Solids in the direction of the grain. Avoid over brushing, which may trap air bubbles in the finish and result in streaks. Make the final pass of the applicator a skimming stroke across the entire surface. Apply a thin coat at the rate of 400 to 500 square feet per gallon and maintain a wet edge to avoid lap marks. Allow to dry for 4 hours. Sand lightly between coats, and remove all sanding dust with a vacuum or tack cloth. Apply 2 coats.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.