Trust ULTRA ZAR® Plus and you can forget about staining with one product, waiting, and waiting some more, and then protecting your surface with yet another product. This is a one-step wonder!
- Use over old varnish without removing the finish
- Not suitable for use over shellac or lacquer
- 6 Ready-mixed colors
- Finishes: Gloss, Satin
- Sizes: half pint, pint, quart
- Coverage: 150 square feet per quart
- Application tools: brush, foam or lambswool applicator
- Dry time: 2 hours
- Coats: 2, add an additional coat for a deeper color
- Recoat time: 2 hours
- Faux wood
Available in Gloss or Satin
Please note, colors are RGB web approximations of the actual shades.
Sand the surface smooth using fine sandpaper.* Wipe clean with a tack cloth or a cloth dampened with paint thinner or mineral spirits, and allow to dry.
Old Finishes in Good Condition
Remove all dirt, oil, wax, polish, and grease with turpentine or a suitable solvent. Sand lightly in the direction of the grain to remove gloss.* Wipe it clean with a tack cloth or a cloth dampened with paint thinner or mineral spirits, and allow it to dry.
Old Finishes in Poor Condition, Lacquer or Shellac
Remove the finish completely.* If the old finish contains wax or stearates, regardless of condition, remove it completely.
Apply only when the temperature is above 50°F. Stir well before starting, but do not shake. Apply straight from the can and do not thin. Use a clean bristle brush or a lambswool applicator. Do not use a roller. Apply ULTRA ZAR® Plus in the direction of the grain of the wood using long even strokes. Brush out lap marks and avoid buildup on the edges. Two coats are recommended for proper color tone and protection. Sand lightly, remove dust and apply second coat. The color will darken with additional coats.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.