Renew old and damaged concrete and wood surfaces with no special applicators, primers or topcoats. ZAR® NuDECK® Wood and Concrete Restorative Coating will withstand harsh natural elements and normal wear, while maintaining an aesthetically pleasing look and feel through many years of enjoyable use.
- Renew old and damaged wood and concrete
- Fills small holes and cracks and locks down splinters on wood surfaces
- Creates a new, mildew-resistant paint film with a non-slip finish for horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Resists abrasion and foot traffic
- Excellent ultraviolet resistance, breathability, and superior adhesion to wood surfaces
- Medium Tint Base, Dark Tint Base, Tintable to 28 solid colors
- Interior or exterior wood and concrete surfaces
- Based on elastomeric technology for superior expansion and contraction to improve adhesion
- Sizes: gallon, 3.5 gallons
- Coverage: 100 square feet per gallon depending on porosity of surface
- Application tools: spray, roller or brush
- Dry time: 1-2 hours
- Coats: 2
- Recoat time: 3-6 hours
- Wood decks
- Wood docks
- Pool wood and concrete decks
- Concrete porches
- Concrete walkways
Please note, colors are RGB web approximations of the actual shades.
Proof of Performance: ASTM Testing
- ASTM D 16 – Standard Terminology for Paint, Related Coatings, Materials and Applications.
Surface must be clean, dry and in good condition. Remove all dirt, wax, dust, mildew, and loose or scaling material with a scraper, wire brush, or stiff bristle brush.* Grease, wax and oil should be removed by scrubbing with ZAR® Deck, Fence and Wood Cleaner according to manufacturer’s directions or use a heavy duty detergent in warm water. Rinse it thoroughly with clean water and allow it to dry.
Raised nail heads, deck screws or loose deck boards should be secured. Remove loose splinters and replace severely damaged or rotting boards. Sand glossy paint surfaces to improve adhesion.* For synthetic and composite decking material, be sure to follow the specific manufacturer’s recommendation for painting and/or staining. Synthetic or composite decking engineered with moisture repellants or sealers may prevent adhesion. Be sure to follow the specific manufacturer’s recommendation for painting. Test a small area to determine adhesion. Cracks greater than a quarter-inch should be filled with an exterior paintable caulk.
Surface must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, mildew, and organic growth. Remove all mildew, dirt, dust, paint flakes*, oil, and grease. Rinse it thoroughly and allow it to dry before painting. Test concrete porosity by sprinkling a few drops of water onto the surface in several areas. If the water is readily absorbed, you are ready to paint. If it beads or sits on the surface, additional cleaning and etching, using a substance like DRYLOK® Etch** (powdered or liquid formulas), is needed. Rinse it thoroughly with clean water and allow it to dry for 24 hours.
Schedule your project when both air and surface temperatures are between 50°F - 90°F and, for best results, wait for a dry (rain-free) period. Avoid applying in direct sunlight. Stir thoroughly before and during application. When using 2 or more containers of the same color, mix them together to ensure color uniformity.
Pour a generous amount of ZAR® NuDECK® Wood and Concrete Restorative Coating into a standard paint tray. Using a good quality nylon bristle brush, dab any damaged areas, holes, small cracks and chips with a brush coated with ZAR® NuDECK® Wood and Concrete Restorative Coating to fill any voids, then feather out the area. Cut-in the perimeter, and then apply the first coat with a half-inch nap roller, exerting slight pressure to push the coating into the surface. For a smoother look, use a three-eighths or quarter-inch nap roller. Cupped or warped boards will require rolling across the narrow width and then along the length to ensure uniform coverage.
Maintain a wet edge of ZAR® NuDECK® Wood and Concrete Restorative Coating during application. Apply a minimum of 2 coats. Do not use in areas subject to vehicular traffic and wait 3 to 5 days before placing furniture or heavy objects. Drying time may vary due to weather conditions and paint film thickness.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.
** When using DRYLOK® Etch®, wear eye protection with side shields, chemical-resistant gloves, protective footwear and suitable clothing.