Our special, proprietary formulation penetrates deep into the wood surface, lifting stains that would be difficult to remove by scrubbing alone.
- Use prior to applying stain or finishes
- Ready to use, no mixing required
- Works well for routine cleaning of composite decks
- Sodium metasilicate solution
- Exterior, horizontal and vertical surfaces
- Size: gallon
- Coverage: up to 230-300 square feet per gallon
- Application tools: a roller or plastic garden sprayer and a synthetic stiff bristle brush
- Wood decks
- Wood docks
- Pool wood decks
- Wood porches
- Wood siding
- Composite surfaces
How To / Videos
Wear protective eye goggles and waterproof gloves. Spray all vegetation thoroughly with water prior to and after application. Cover any areas you want to protect. Do not allow ZAR® Deck, Fence and Wood Cleaner to come in contact with fabric, furniture, metal, or floor covering. Do not mix with bleach or other chemicals. Always test on a small, hidden area. The product may cause redwood to darken, new wood to discolor in spots, and a blurred appearance to become visible on wood that's been damaged by pressure washing.
Sweep the surface clean.* Apply ZAR® Deck, Fence and Wood Cleaner liberally to a dry surface at full strength with a roller or plastic garden sprayer and allow it to stand for 10 minutes. Cleaning may occur without scrubbing but, for quicker results, scrub with a synthetic stiff bristle brush. You can use a hose or power washer with a 40 degree tip at a low (500-1000 psi). Rinse thoroughly with plenty of water. When cleaning vertical surfaces, start at the bottom and work up. Allow the surface to dry and repeat the application if necessary.
Allow the wood to dry thoroughly before applying a water-based finish and at least 24 hours before applying an oil-based finish.
Dispose of contaminated absorbent, container and unused contents in accordance with local, state and federal regulations.
USAGE STATEMENT: Prior to use, carefully read the product label and follow the directions. For technical information, warnings, cautions, notices, and additional information, download and read the documentation available on this website.
* WARNING: If you scrape, sand or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS, SUCH AS BRAIN DAMAGE, ESPECIALLY IN CHILDREN. PREGNANT WOMEN SHOULD ALSO AVOID EXPOSURE. Wear a NIOSH-approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. Before you start, find out how to protect yourself and your family by contacting the National Lead Information Hotline at 1-800-424-LEAD or visit www.epa.gov/lead.